This is a PDF downloadable tutorial and pattern to create a 14″ Waldorf Inspired doll, and some simple outfits for boy or girl dolls.
Now you can find some of my Doll making Videos on Youtube HERE
. Some of these videos have been integrated into the tutorial.
This is only a tutorial, with the pattern, materials are not included. There are lots of pictures to guide you through the steps.
To be able to create a doll you will be needing a general knowledge of using a sewing machine and also to do some hand sewing.
The body of the doll will need to be sewn together using a sewing machine.
For the hair, I use mohair boucle yarn here. To be able to create the wig of your doll, you will need some crocheting skills. If you are not sure about crocheting or some of the hand sewing skills, Youtube is an excellent resource of tutorials.
The eyes of the doll will need to be embroidered.
My tutorial will teach you to create a Waldorf Inspired doll, like those on the images.
This tutorial is suitable for you even if you have never made a doll, as long as you have some sewing experience.
You will be needing the following material to make the doll:
- 250g Carded Wool Batting
- 25×100 cm Cotton Swiss tricot, Laib Yala, heavy heavy quality. Folded into half along the grains. If you use different fabric your doll
- might end up becoming slightly different in size
- 40 cm tubular bandage 35 mm wide. I use Sterogauz
- 12-13 cm long doll making/darning needle
- Sewing needle
- Glass headed pins
- Crochet hooks no. 5-6 and no. 3-4
- Air varnishing marker pen. The one I use is called “Magic pen”
- Felting needle 38 Gauge is good, but you can use other needle as well
- Embroidery floss ( DMD) for eyes and mouth
- Red wax crayon for blushing the doll
- Strong thread, I use Glütermann upholstery thread
- Sewing Glütermann thread in skin colour
- Measuring tape
- Extra strong floss for shaping the head Doll suppliers sell it
- Mohair Boucle yarn 50g or sometimes more. Depending on the thickness of the yarn. I recommend DollyMo Mohair Boucle
- Matching strong thread to sew on the wig
You receive the downloads instantly, once payment has been confirmed.You will be receiving 3 Downloads in the order confirmation, but you will be able to find your downloads in your account as well, when you log in.
The Patterns have been designed to be printed onto A4 sheets.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding the tutorial!
You can buy materials on these sites:
PERMISSION: You are welcome to sell the product you make with this pattern. Please give credit to Waldorfdollshop in your listing. You are not allowed to sell or share this pattern. Thank you so much for your support.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.