A digital, downloadable tutorial and pattern to create a 30cm/ 12″ soft, cuddly doll. This doll is most suitable for children under 4 years of age, but I knew many older children who grew very much attached to this style of doll. A super cuddly and soft doll. A lovely companion for a younger child, to be there with them day and night, to give them comfort whenever they need a little friend near.
In this tutorial you will learn how to create this doll and how to shape the head of a Waldorf inspired doll using strings. There are some videos included in the tutorial to guide you through some of the steps.
There are lots of pictures to guide you through the steps.
The tutorial also includes tutorial and patterns of the bunny hat, the bonnet, the pinafore dress and the little vest the dolls are wearing on the images.
To be able to create a doll you will need a general knowledge of using a sewing machine and also to do some hand sewing.
The body of the doll will need to be sewn together using a sewing machine.
For the hair, you can use mohair boucle or brushed mohair yarn. I include instructions for both. To be able to create the wig of your doll, you will need some crocheting skills.
The eyes of the doll will need to be embroidered.
This tutorial is suitable for you even if you have never made a doll, as long as you have some sewing experience.
This is only a tutorial, with the pattern, materials are not included.
List of Materials you will need:
- 160g Carded wool Batting
- 40x20cm Cotton Swiss tricot, Laib Yala. Folded into half along the grains. If you use different fabric, you may need to change the pattern
- slightly to make sure it fits.
- Velour or other stretch fabric about 55x30cm. 30cm along the grain.
- 50 cm tubular bandage 35 mm wide. I use Sterogauz or you can use Tricofix in 4 cm wide.
- 12-13 cm long doll making/darning needle
- Sewing needle
- Glass headed pins
- Crochet hooks no. 5-6 for mohair boucle, or 3 for brushed mohair
- Air varnishing marker pen. The one I use is called “Magic pen”
- Felting needle 38 Gauge is good
- Chopstick, not so much necessary for this doll
- Embroidery floss ( DMD) for eyes and mouth
- Red wax crayon for blushing the doll
- Strong thread, I use Glütermann upholstery thread
- Sewing Glütermann thread in skin colour
- Measuring tape
- Extra strong floss for shaping the head Doll suppliers sell it
- Mohair Boucle or Brushed mohair yarn, about 15g. I recommend DollyMo
- Matching strong thread to sew on the wig
You receive the downloads instantly, once payment has been confirmed.You will be receiving 4 Downloads in the order confirmation, butyou will be able to find your downloads in your account as well, when you log in.The Patterns have been designed to be printed onto A4 sheets. A4 is equivalent to 8-1/4 x 11-3/4 inches or 210 x 297mm.Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding the tutorial!
Doll Making Suppliers
You are welcome to sell the product you make with this pattern. Please give credit to Waldorfdollshop in your listing. You are not allowed to sell or share this pattern. Thank you so much for your support.
This contest belongs to Waldorfdollshop https://www.waldorfdollshop.co.u
There are no reviews yet.